Saturday, December 11, 2010

Growing Up

This morning we have been doing a major clean out of closets and desks. I started working on Amelia's closet. Her closet used to be the office, so it still has a lot of things stashed in it from before she was born, including the file cabinet. As I went through all of the folders I found a flood of old pictures of Carson. It is sad how hard we try to remember how little they used to be, but looking through the pictures I realized how much I have forgotten. Then came Amelia's blessing box. I remember the day I opened that, 2 Christmas's ago. Harris' mom gave it to me as a gift before we even found out we were having a girl. Strangely, I already knew. Amelia had been a very spiritual experience for me from the very beginning. Anyways, I couldn't believe it has already been a year and a half from that blessing day. Corny, I keep humming the song "Slipping Through My Fingers" from Mama Mia ( I love that song!).
I got married at age 18 and have had to learn things strictly from trial and error. I have had a lot of growing up to do, but as I am soon turning 26 I hope that while my children continue to grow up at such a fast rate, hopefully I am growing up a little too and I can keep in focus what is most important to me. I have known two families this year who have lost their sons at an early age and reality has really hit me. I can't waste the time I have with my amazing children. They are the most important things in my life. It's so sad how fast time goes by!


Amelia








Carson


Look at those faces. They are two peas in a pod! But how stinkin' cute are they!




2 comments:

Whitney said...

aw why did you have to make me cry. Wess...this is why it's important to move to IDAHO

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet Mel. I feel ya on kids growing up too fast! I look at Tay and try to figure out how time slipped me by! They are too cute. Being a mother is such a wonderful gift. I love being a mom. mommy. mother. mama. etc..