Sunday, September 21, 2008

Women's Fitness Celebration!!!!!!



So on Saturday I did the Women's Fitness Celebration 5K which I have done for 3 years now. Only last year was the first year I ran it and I LOVED it, so for a year have been counting on doing it again and working on beating my personal time last year. My sister-in-law, Julie, was so nice to let me ride down there with all of her friends since Harris and Carson were coming to cheer me on but didn't want to be there so early. We got there and it was raining...not too bad I thought. Then I jogged to the start line so I could have somewhat of a warmup. By the time I got there I was SOAKING wet! Then we had to wait almost a half hour to start! Off I went at about 9 o'clock. I was pretty pumped up/nervous/excited once I got started. I have to say I felt great. I felt like I ran well. Last year I got 8th place in my category and this year I got 6th. Woohoo. Not much improvement in my placement but I actually ran it about 2 minutes faster than last year so that's not too shabby. While at the time it was sort of crappy, I now look at it and think it was probably my favorite race I've ever done. My cute little Carson was great yelling, "Go Mommy!" as loud as he could on the sidelines. My little fan club was so nice to come watch me and support me in the pouring rain. They're the best! All of the girls around me heard Carson and were all saying that's soooo cute! I was proud! Can't wait for next year! I wonder if it will rain :)After the race...soaking wet!

7 comments:

Stoker Family said...

Is it just me? I can't read this. Unless it was a chinese women's fitness celebration.

Mel said...

Why can't you read it? The color or is it the words?

Borups said...

I think you need to change the font. The colors are fine, but I think it's a character font instead of letters.

Stoker Family said...

Way to go Melinda! You are such an inspiration. That's so awesome to be able to do that much better.

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! And even in the rain, hope next year it's nice and sunny!!

Courtney said...

Dear Melinda. You are my hero. The end.

Kami Seamons said...

I hate the rain so i'm impressed that you went threw with the race AND most of all had a good attitude about it! Way to be:) And anyone who can look good with soaking wet hair deserves a high five. so high five to you! i've got to go blow my nose now:) hope the girls had fun today! Sorry i'm germy!