Today I was at Albertsons buying TONS of cereal. There was a sale and so I could only get the General Mills cereal for the deal. Anyways, Carson had grabbed a box of cereal that he just couldn't forget about and totally was set that he wanted it sooo bad! I had told him he could pick out a treat so I said he could have it but wouldn't get a treat. He said "this is my treat." So I was OK with that. Anyways, we got home and I hadn't unloaded the car yet and he told me he wanted his "Move it" cereal. I figured it was the box he had been so obsessed with. I went and got it and realized on the front was the Madagascar movie. I thought it was pretty cute because I had no idea he had associated that song to the movie. By the end of the day he had eaten 3 bowls of it. Cereal brand sure know what they're doing when they design their boxes!
I don't usually write lots on here because I know it's hard to read such long posts, but if anyone has been feeling the way I have lately, this quote from a conference talk really comforted me:
The Ministry of Angel - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He "would fight our battles, our children's battles, and the battles of our children's children." And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to "search diligently, pray always, and be believing. Then all things shall work together for our good, if we walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith we have covenented." The latter days are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing and remember our convenants."
That one hit me because honestly I have been afraid lately, mostly for my children's futures. But it's true that if we try our hardest we will be protected. Another one that hit me was by Elder Robery D. Hales - Christian Courage: The Price of Discipleship, because of all of the persecution the church has gotten over Prop.8. Here's a quote and then I'm done:
"One of mortality's great tests comes when our beliefs are questioned or criticized. In such moments, we may want to respond aggressively- to "put up our dukes." But these are important opportunities to step back, pray, and follow the Savior's example."
"This is not to suggest that we compromise our principles or dilute our beliefs. We cannot change the doctrines of the restored gospel, even if teaching and obeying them makes us unpopular in the eyes of the world. Yet even as we feel to speak the word of God with boldness, we must pray to be filled with the Holy Ghost. We should never confuse boldness with Satan's counterfeit: overbearance. True disciples speak with quiet confidence, not boastful pride."
Anyways, that was a good one for me cuz I'm a fighter who can't always keep her mouth shut, especially when it's so important to me, but I definately need to strive to be more Christlike!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm gonna have to check out that "move-it" cereal LOL. And those are some fantastic quotes. I needed to hear those today. Thanks for sharing.
thanks for the post, I need to hear that right now.
You are such a great person with an awesome little family. Your example touches many including me.
I'm pretty much in tears right now because I really needed to hear those quotes. I went to bed crying last night because I was so overwhelmed with all the negative energy around here from the prop 8 outcome and then some comments on my blog and facebook contradicting my beliefs, and I needed some uplifting words. Thank you.
i want to thank you for those quotes too. it is hard to watch as people are spreading their frustrations of prop. 8 into utah. I love being a member of this gospel and i love those leaders that the Lord has blessed us with. thank you!!!! and courtney should know that she and her family will be truly blessed for how hard she is fighting for what she believes!
Post a Comment