Harris and I did the Camel's Back Duathlon on Saturday as a team. Whew...it was tough! The course is a 5K run, 30K bike, and another 5K run. I did the runs and Harris did the bike. My goal was to beat my last year's times which ended up being successful. I did the first run about 45 seconds faster and the second run 2 minutes faster, which I was proud of since I was so sure that because of the wind it was going to be horrible! We got first place in our category so that was pretty exciting. It might be kind of wussy to do as a team but I actually find it really fun to do something that Harris and I can do for fun together while working as a team.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Camel's Back Duathlon
Harris and I did the Camel's Back Duathlon on Saturday as a team. Whew...it was tough! The course is a 5K run, 30K bike, and another 5K run. I did the runs and Harris did the bike. My goal was to beat my last year's times which ended up being successful. I did the first run about 45 seconds faster and the second run 2 minutes faster, which I was proud of since I was so sure that because of the wind it was going to be horrible! We got first place in our category so that was pretty exciting. It might be kind of wussy to do as a team but I actually find it really fun to do something that Harris and I can do for fun together while working as a team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that is awesome!!! you are my inspiration! next summer i totally want to run a marathon with scott! i have wanted to for so long and this post made me want to even more.
You should do it. It feels great to accomplish something you've worked hard for :)
Good job, you two! Man, if I didn't go blowing all our plans, we'd be gearing up for a crazy time in June... sigh, alas, maybe 2 years from now.
Way to go Mel! I don't think I could run one 5K if my life depended on it, let alone two!
Post a Comment