On our 2nd day in Florida we went to the Myakka River State Park. It was this incredible jungle with lakes everywhere that were fed by the river. Anybody who knows about Florida knows that where there is a lake, there are crocodiles. So in this park they have hundreds of trails that you can walk through. As you enter these trails there are signs that say "You may see these animals" with pictures of crocodiles, snakes, warthogs, meerkats, lizards, etc. Starting out I thought that would be way cool. As we continued though, we got deeper in and it got really creepy. We walked passed a sign describing this certain kind of snake. We were on a tiny bridge not about a foot above this marshy area that would have been great for snakes or crocodiles to jump up and eat us. As I read that sign a lizard scurried across and I almost died of heart attack. From that moment on my legs wouldn't stop shaking and all I wanted to do was get out of this horrible place!
Anyway, we never saw anything but lizards. Once we got done walking though, we drove up the road a ways to the big lake and saw a crocodile right there in the water! There were more people around then, so I wasn't worried. Driving out later we saw another one in a smaller lake! I guess I'm not as adventurous in my old age.
This was a cool bridge. Only 4 people are aloud on at a time. You cross it and climb up to a 75 ft. tower to see the pretty view. It really was a pretty place. 
Carson and Harris showing us their muscles. They were trying to make me feel better to have them protecting me. Cute boys :)


2 comments:
Definitely I would have been crapping in my pants... your hair looked good, by the way... oh how I wish I had some body in my hair!
muscles :(. just kidding. looks fun!
Post a Comment