Sunday, July 13, 2008

Proud to Be an American!


The day started out early when Harris and I did the Liberty 5K. We went straight from the run to the 4th of July parade. Carson loved it because his mom is a freak and helped him run to get all the candy he could ever want! He also loved the huge tanks and tractors!



Later that night we headed to see the most amazing firework show I have ever seen. It was put on by Melaluca and they served us dinner behind a hotel and shot off the firework over the river.



During the firework show they play all kinds of great patriotic songs. I got teary eyed when my favorite song came on "I'm Proud to Be an American" because I was sitting there so happy with my wonderful family and the words really got to me because I really am glad to live in a free nation and feel lucky to be here. I can go to church and believe in God and raise my children in a safe place. I'm glad I could be there with my family and experience such a great night!

3 comments:

Eric said...

I agree on that Melaleuca show being one of the best. It's really amazing. We were lucky enough to be able to view it from one of the hotel room balconies a few years back. Good stuff.

cassie said...

that song always makes me teary eyed too... and sometimes if i am singing along with it i actually start to get choked up haha. anyway, you have inspired me to start running marathons and stuff once i pop this child out and get back into shape. so thanks banks! and i am glad your 4th was so fun!

Wilson Family said...

Hey Mel you were in Rexburg and Idaho Falls. Oh so close. We went to the same show. I wish I would have known you were there! Your little boy isn't a little boy anymore. I miss you guys. will you be at the race this weekend? We'll have to meet up.