Thursday, August 14, 2008

5th Anniversary!




Wow...I'm such an oldey! Yesterday, August 13th, was Harris and my 5th anniversary! It just is so crazy to me that we've been married that long already. I guess that must be a good thing that it goes by fast! Anyway, we had a great day yesterday. We started out driving to Tamarack and mountain biking all day! It was sooooo awesome. I have to say my bum is pretty sore today but it was worth it. I was nervous I have to admit because first of all, I don't like traveling without my little baby. I know I'm a wussy and clingy mom but I just am really attached to that little guy. I was also nervous because it had been a year since I've been to Tamarack and I didn't want to die on my anniversary. Anyways, we rented this awesome body armor for me. It made me feel like Cat Woman so I pretty much felt invincible. After warming up I felt really confident and I'm pretty proud of how much I progressed on my sweet downhill mountain biking skills :) I went off a big rock jump and Harris was so excited about that. I think he thought it was pretty hot (haha). Then I went down this rock stair thing which in the pic doesn't look scary but let me tell you, it was! You can tell by my face in the pic that it took lots of concentration! We had a really good time.
We got home and showered and went out to eat. Don't laugh where we ate because it sounds so lame for an anniversary dinner, but it's just my favorite (plus we had a free entree for Harris' birthday). Anyway it was Red Robin and it has never tasted better since we were so exhausted and starving from tearing up the mountain.
Harris took Callie shopping the day before and they got me some cute clothes for my anniversary present. I'm glad and it may not sounds so romantic to people but my theory with flowers is that their so expensive a
nd they just die, so it was perfect! Thank you Harris for the great anniversary and I'm grateful to have such a kind husband who puts up with me and cares for me as much as you do. I'm lucky to have you for eternity and don't know what I would do without that blessing!

4 comments:

Stoker Family said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had fun. If it makes you feel better, I ate at Taco Bell on my anniversary. We're pretty high class.

cassie said...

happy anniversary!!! i love that you guys spent the day doing something active. oh and the campout in the front room is the best idea ever!!!!

ReeSe said...

Sounds like you guys had a sweet time! You rocked the mountain biking. I can tell those rock stairs look scary! Glad you had a great day!

Tyson and Courtney said...

Yay! You made it five years! I just realized that means we've been graduated five years now...we're getting old. :) Happy anniversary!